I posted a project named "Online Ticket Administration" on Freelancer about 3 months ago, got a lot of bids, but was interrupted due to private reasons.
Now I'm ready to proceed with the project I initially set out to have made, and have already deposit money to Freelancer.com. I contact you first this time, as you seemed like the best one for the job 2-3 months ago. If you can't do the job I will contact the next best one etc.
During the development process, I will be available online most of the days and ready to answer any questions You might have on Whatsapp, Skype and/or email.
627 Characters left
What are the skills you require for this project?
I already got a pretty decent picture of what I want, but to make it easy for You to understand the project dimension, think of "Ticket Leap .com" or "Event brite .com". Please have a look at those sites and their futures, and I think You will have a pretty good understanding of this project too.
The system should be built using the following technology:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 / 4.5
- C# 4.0 / 5.0 and take advantage of language specific functionality
- Microsoft [url removed, login to view] MVC 3.0 / 4.0
- MySQL. Please take into consideration whats best/fastest when choosing table technologies, so that many users can order/reserve tickets without experience any bottleneck problems ++
- ORM : NHibernate 3.3.x , and take advantage of it's QueryOver functionality where possible
- Use GUID in most tables, or is this a bad practise?
- Domain Driven Design pattern is preferred
- Use of POCO ([url removed, login to view]) and put functionality into Repositories is also preferred.
Example: [url removed, login to view](int companyId, int userId, Event event);
Key functionality, that can also be found examples of on those mentioned sites, include:
- Code and database infrastructure to handle a fair share volume ticket sales
- Public frontpage with login, register and forgot password functionality. Maybe use OpenID?
- Rest of the system is locked for public access; Need to be signed in.
- Organization data : Details, Contact, Users, Payment provider(s), invoices, analytics and print settings (ticket print)
- Events : Normal listing and calendar listing (think Google Calendar)
- Arena / seats editor
- Discount and tracking codes
- Reports and analyze tools on ticket sales, customers, where traffic / sales come from (by link) etc.
- Box office tools like check ticket confirmation code, customer name or customer email, and then check in a valid user from this tool, so that the ticket is no longer valid
There are of course a lot more details to this, but I think we'll go into those detalils as we go. Anyway; The websites mentioned above is a good example of what I want.
BTW: The webpage for selling tickets is not included in this project, but will be an upcoming project. However, the API for selling tickets IS part of this project. Also; making smartphone apps for this system will be a project on it's own right after this one is finished and ready.
So, if you are able to do this project and it's done according to plan, I will continue to use you for future jobs. Both for this ticketing system, but also other jobs (I got 4-5 in line).
Looking forward to hear from you again Sir and get to know if your offer still stands? Also, any questions is most welcomed!
Have a further nice day!