Penny Auction Developer (worldwide)
project name DEVELOPMENT OF A PENNY AUCTION SITE
job area Technical
posted on 26/01/2009
– A ‘penny auction’ website that works in the same way as [url removed, login to view] (choice number 1), [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]
– Customers bid on products provided on the website. Each bid increases the auction price of the product by 1p (can be changed) and re-starts a timer. If the customer is the last person to bid when the time runs out, the customer wins the product.
– Customers are able to bid instantly or use an automated bidding system. The site must be able to integrate ‘live’ bids and automated bids; re-starting the timer as needed or identifying a winner.
Key Site Features/Requirements
- language transferable (must be easily transferred to other then English language)
– Easy to use, simple and clean design
Clear bidder registration
Seller should be able to set a reserve price
– Instant bidding. Ability to bid on a live product instantly
– Automated bidding. Customers will be able to use an ‘autobid’ function to enable the system to bid on their behalf within set parameters (ie. max number of bids prepared to make on a product). The site must account for all automated bids before closing an auction and declaring a winner.
– Payment gateway. Integration to a secure payment provider, eg. Webmoney, Paypal (additional information will be provided) etc
– Scheduled opening of future auctions
– SMS interaction. Ability to bid on products through mobile phone
- Full back-end database
Secure management administration back end; ability to upload product details and control aspects of the site, needs MI on bids closed and users logged on, etc
User interface and images should be skinnable
– Additional page content; eg. Future bids (dynamic) and static pages (eg. About us, previous winners, etc)
Search engine optimisation
– Estimated price to develop the key features/requirements of the site
– Estimated timescales in weeks for completion (please include testing and dry runs) and start date. Please break this down into the project stages (e.g. Build, Test, etc)
– The coding languages used and any additional required purchases (eg. Software, etc)
Examples of similar projects you have completed. If possible, please provide a site with similar technical configuration and one with a good usability/ look and feel.
You would be supposed to be interviewed on skype to discuss the projects done and the site to be developed.
– Please register to [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] to get an idea of how the site works.
– Developers or companies who have already worked on and completed these type of sites preferred. Please demonstrate where you may have done this before.