We are building a visual directory of high-end shops for mobile (specifically iPhone). We need a post processor to decide how to crop photos to create the best perspective and show items of interest, as well as adjust color and lighting as necessary.
The job consists of the following workflow:
1. Please start by downloading the thumbnails and pick your favorites. Pick 8 - 10 best photos in a collection of about 100 (one collection contains photos of one shop). One of these will be cropped as a horizontal photo and the rest as vertical photos (see ratios at step 3).
The photos are stored in Dropbox in 2 formats:
a) low-res JPG thumbnails
b) high-res RAW photos.
2. Once you picked your favorites among the thumbnails go ahead and download their high-res RAW counterparts; these are the ones you'll edit.
3. Crop to requested ratios: One of the picked will be horizontal and will respect 1/0.534375 (h/v) ratio. The rest of the photos will be vertical and will respect the 16/9 (h/v) ratio
4. Merge (optional): In some cases you will notice there are 3 photos taken in bracketing mode. If you picked one of those and you feel merging these yields the best results, please do so.
5. Edits: Edit colors/hues/shades/contrast/... at your will, but keep in mind these photos are to be shown on mobile and should be as realistic and pleasing, appealing as possible.
Make sure to highlight noteworthy architectural elements and items of interest, in order to bring out perspective and character.
6. Save: Save the edits as high-res (highest of whatever remains after cropping) PNG (not for web but regular PNG)
7. Upload these to Dropbox.
Please see attached examples.
As long as we are satisfied with the quality of work we will come back for more as this is a recurring job (potentially for several months).
Twenty such collections are ready to be post-processed and we are planning to add several dozens more in the coming months.
- you are well experienced in Camera RAW and Photoshop (including using masks and layers when needed)
- you are inclined towards and have experience with interior-design/architecture/fashion photography
- you will have access to an iPhone 5/5c/5s/6/6+ on which you've already validated the quality of your work before delivery.
Experience with interior / architecture photography, attention to details, artistic rendering and fast turn-around time are very important for us.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.