We currently have a coupon code “working” in x-cart.
However, in the actual event of shopping, when I enter the discount code at the screen where the little box prompts me to… nothing happens.
IF, however, I sign in (as a return user or new user) the coupon code DOES work. However, once I have signed in, I am no longer at the screen where the little coupon box is. I would have to know to click Back Back to get to that screen. This is very unintuitive.
We would like the code to work regardless if someone is logged in or not.
ALSO - regarding the 10%....
I can apply a % to a certain product, BUT this discount is applied to all the items in the shopping cart, not just the item that as been selected in the admin. Is there any way to apply the chosen % discount ONLY to that product?
So, in a nutshell here is the description of the project:
- We need a coupon code that will work as a percentage of total sales, as a fixed amount discount ($5 off) and/or only for particular items. (for example - "couponA1" is for 10% off on "item01" only.)
- If the coupon code that is enter by the user doesn't work the user needs to see a “code not valid on this order” message
- If the coupon is valid, the new order total will show up in the bill summary before the user is required to complete the checkout process
- The coupon code will work regardless if some is signed in or not
- The site can be running multiple coupons at once
- The coupon code will have a begining and end date
- A link to the coupon code configuration will be on the admin home page and will hopefully be easy to understand and configure (I know this one's a little subjective, but you know what I mean :))