This is an overview of the system I need to have built. If you are interested, I will provide you with further details of the project in a separate document.
I would like to have a system that customers can login to and submit orders to have articles written or rewritten. These orders will be viewed by a group of writers who will have the ability to view and chose the work orders they wish to complete. Once completed and submitted back to the database, the order will be complete and the customer can login and get the article(s) they paid for. The customer will pay me for the service and I will pay the writer per article once the artciles are submitted and the work order is completed.
1) Expert MS SQL or MySQL ??" Optimize for performace
2) Experienced ASP.NET Developer
3) Experienced in HTML
4) Must be compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape
5) All tables, fields, scripts, variables must be clearly defined and named
Programmer H/W S/W recommendations are welcome and will be considered provided such recommendations do not adversely affect cost or schedule.
The various functions/sections for each interface will be accessed using a tabbed layout.(The interfaces will use a tabbed menu.) MySQL database driven website with 2 main interfaces, plus the administrator interface:
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Apr 3, 2007 12:18:21 PM:
Thanks to everyone who has responded to this project. I apologize for not getting back to everyone sooner and for my delay in getting you guys the detailed document I talked about in my initial request. I hope to get that to all of you today. But there is 1 significant change to my project that I wanted to let you all know about...
After doing some research and talking to some people, I decided I would like to have this project built using ASP/ASP.NET rather than PHP. I made this decision because of my background in VB/VBA.
I hope this will not cause a problem for many people. Can everyone please let me know if this is something you will still be able to bid on?
I am open to any suggestions of how to handle this change.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Apr 27, 2007 3:34:55 PM:
I would like to post a broadcast message to all the coders that I was not able to award this project to anyone because I did not find the quality of work I was wanting for my price range. My price range was set too low for the project and I was not able to up it enough to get everything I wanted out of the project. I apologize for this.
Windows, Linux, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape