Creating an application to simulate and compute how to place some goods into some containers so they would be best loaded and optimized.
Container loading calculator is an application that is intended to compute and to place some goods into container and make their position to be fit / loaded and optimized. User would have to select the kind of cargo along its dimension parameters (width, height, length, weight, and number), each cargo can be packed into some pallet or packed directly into a container. Then the program will display how the goods (cargo or pallet) are positioned within a container. The way they are positioned should be best and fit, it means they must occupy some space if necessary.
See reference below on the live site example.
• Graphic PHP library, for instance GD
• Algorithm to solve, probably graph theory
• User has to select kind of cargo (i.e box, sacks, barrel). We will supply you with our cargo data.
• User is able to add more than 1 cargos, and input with different parameters (width, length, height, weight) for each cargo.
• User is able to select whether to place the cargos directly into container or pre-packed within a pallet first. Pallet parameters (dimension) are also can be changed by user.
• User is able to select whether manually input for the container data or let the application automatically choosing the container data for him. If user selected to manual input, he may add different container (different dimension/parameters). Off course the application should check if the container was too small for the loaded cargos.
• The application displays the final result how the goods are loaded within the container, how much space has been occupied by the goods and available space within container, how many container do we need, and a step by step how we packed the goods. Please note that the way we load the goods should be optimized within a container. We need your expertise in algorithm to solve the problem. This stage is the most important thing in this application.
• For the complete flow, see the reference below on the live site example
should end up just like below link
[url removed, login to view]