Our project objective is a dating website containing the following features (Platform [Windows, Linux, ASP, PHP, MySql etc.] is yet to be decided):
• Full content management system of the site for the site administrator (text, graphics etc.)
• Multilingual support.
• Secure login for all registered users.
• Guest login from the homepage with limited functionality for the guest.
• All registered users will have to build personal profiles (member cards) upon registration.
• Search engine (advanced search and simple search)
• The advanced search will be based mainly on the parameters specified by the users in their member cards.
• Users will have the ability to upload authorized photos to their member cards.
• Users will have the ability to indicate weather their photos will be shown to all other users or just for registered users or just privately as they address to other users.
• Users will have the ability to send a private message to other users and will have the option to do so with or without exposing personal details that are hidden in the personal profile like contact information.
• Users will have the ability to send customize messages or 'winks' to other users.
• Chat room for all online registered users and a private one on one chat functionality (all online users can see all the other users online by an online/offline indicator at the short summery of the user profile coming as a result of a search).
• Forums (the administrator will be able to create a new forum and will supervise it).
• Blogs – all users will have the ability to create a personal blog.
• Magazine – magazine with the ability for the users to comment on the articles.
• Statistics system to work on both the user profiles and event handling (advertising [banners] system).
• Guests will have the ability to have a simple search and see the results, but will have to register for all other functions.
The above are the main features of the website. More specific requirements for the content will be given prior and along the development phase. We will accompany the progress of the development by testing it on our servers so a communication between us along the process (Skype or other means) is required.