I would like a skilled ci developer to translate(rewrite) code from .asp examples to php/ci.
This will be a challenge, even though you have the exact code in .asp, it still seems to be very difficult to integrate it into ci. You really need to know your stuff, if you are up for it, then continue reading....
The end result is a calendar view / room booking system utilizing Dhtmlxscheduler to render the calendar, retrieving/writing data from MySQL. So it's basically embedding Dhtmlxscheduler in to CI's MVC.
The open source code will shows you step-by-step exactly what the project should look like, so no guesswork needed. I think for developer who is very good at CI, would be able to do this quickly as, he/she will work off the examples.
See the two links for part 1 and part 2 below to get a good idea as to the effort involved.
Please note that the examples (part1,part2) is licensed under The GNU General Public License (GPLv3).
There are two parts to this small project:
* Part 1 "Create calendar in MVC"
* Part 2 "Extend calendar to room booking system"
The .Net membership is replaced with Ion_Auth or better.
The trick is that it needs to be called from CodeIgniter and thus conform to the MVC model (which the examples in .asp is doing).
The really tricky bit...
Dhtmlxscheduler must be embedded within CodeIgniter as third party app or have it in a separate folder DhtmlxScheduler at the same level as ci/application.
I got the calendar to render as separate folder, but it would not load event through the dhtmlxConnector call. I could add them one by one through another function, but that defeats the purpose and would slow it down. Calling the same code outside CI worked perfectly. So I must have missed a switch or something, I am still very new to CI.
References for completing the project...
- CodeIgniter can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
- Dhtmlxscheduler can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
Examples to be rewritten from .asp to php/ci:
- Part 1 to be embedded in CI: [url removed, login to view]
- Part 2 follows on Part 1 in order to complete the project: [url removed, login to view]
- In the above examples they use .NET membership. I would prefer that you use Ion_Auth: [url removed, login to view]
- If you know of something that works better in CI regarding the login scripts, then propose it.
Quote 'I love CI' somewhere in your response, so I know you have read and understood the requirements.
I encourage you to request a milestone for part 1, which should bring you roughly to half the project. I am confident if you can get the calendar working with loaded events, you will successfully complete the project.
1. Rewrite the above examples Part 1, Part 2, which will result in a Room Booking System that can be called using controllers/views and models from CodeIgniter 2.1.0 or later.
2. dhtmlxSheduler needs to be a third party app in Codeigniter or at least be called from a directory at the same level as /application.
3. Replace .NET membership from the examples with Ion_Auth or better.
4. This needs to conform to the MVC model as close as possible, reusing as much of the sample files as possilble in part1,2. I don't want a rewrite from scratch, the examples contains a lot of reusable code for the views.
5. This needs to use the dhtmlxConnector, but if a rewrite of the data handler is required, then please point it out.
6. The databasis is MySQL as per examples.
7. Needs to do exactly what is described in the examples for part 1 to part 2.
8. Should be able to run on EasyPhp with all browsers, unless a reason for running something else can be motivated.
Please reply promptly to any questions that I ask you in the pmb area, as this will directly influence the work relationship. I will take time differences in to account.