Tasks: Build a multi-tiered application connecting a database to a web and Windows Forms front-end. Application will also be a Windows Workflow (WF) host.
Create a relational database containing ~30 tables.
Skills needed: SQL, Stored Procedures
Technology used: MS SQL Server
Build a business tier that retrieves database data and implements business logic
Skills needed: C#, WF (Windows Workflow)
Experience in multi-tiered application architecture
Experience using ORM tools, preferably NHibernate
Experience writing unit tests using NUnit
Business tier will be a Windows Workflow host
Build a Façade layer as a common back-end to a web and windows GUI
Skills needed: C#
Experience building GUIs using the Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture
Build a web application & windows application front-end
Windows Forms (desktop app)
Time allotted: 60-80 hrs
Questions to answer:
(1) Are you proficient in .net. How many years experience? Have you done unit testing, used End Units?
(2) The data layer is MHibernate, have you used MHibernate or any ORM before?
(3) Have you worked with multi-tiered systems before: facade layer, presentation layer, etc. Have you used the MVC (model view controller) approach before?
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
It is a web program. Must run on 3.0+ versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox and other browsers.