Our premium client has engaged us to develop an Holiday Event's portal, and a stand-alone desktop calander widget.
The standalone calendar widget has the following requirements:-
* Windows XP & Vista compatible
* Must be able to be skinned and reskinned remotely via an automated process and internet connetion on every install eg 'Christmas skin", followed by a "New Years" skin followed by an Easter skin.
* Be able to display advertising from the publisher
* Be "events" driven, such as Christmas and New Years skin changes
* Allow the user to program special events such as Birthdays and Anniversaries etc and popup and notify the user at set intervals.
* Have a universal engine that will allow us to re-use the widget for other purposes (we will re-engage the successful company for these projects as well)
* Must have a primary header area for our client's branding which does not change.
The concept is to provide a popular provider's users with the ability to install a desktop calendar widget which matches the season, delivers them discreet advertising, and allows them to record special events like dates for birthdays etc. Complete specs will be provided.
The second component of the project is a web based "Portal" which must contain:-
- an eCart application, preferably flash based, which users can customise and choose from a range of cards, and then type a message and send it to a friend
- a message board which users can post messages including photos, and then send the page link to a friend.
- a landing page for the desktop widget which will showcase the desktop widget and provide a means to download it.
- a descriptive page for users to teach them how to SMS and send videos.
This entire concept will be provided with detailed specifications, and will require constant contact and approval through all stages of building and testing, and implementation and release.
An ongoing support and deployment arrangement will also be required to make "push" changes to the application such as changing the skin on the desktop widget to a "Christmas" theme, and then as New Years day approaches, push a new skin to the widget that shows "New Years" themes.
The successful candidate must be an experienced business, provide detailed and current examples of their widgets and ecard applications, and demonstrate a willingness to deliver.
We also require a tight timeline for delivery, and all items must be completed and ready for deployment within 3-4 weeks from today - 27th November.