What I need:
I need a web application for document creation, collaboration, and publishing. A close analogy to what I need is Google Docs ([url removed, login to view]). I'd like to develop a similar look and feel, with some added features which we'll explain in more detail (see powerpoint attachment). It would be great, and save development time, if the application can "make a call" to Google Docs (similar to how some websites call Google Maps and interact with that Google application; if not, we'll just develop a similar concept). Using open source, web-based word processor code is also acceptable, but it must be very robust.
This application will allow users to login to a website and create a document online (ie, actually *type* the content online over the browser and save the doc); to share the doc with any other user; and to publish the doc to the web. I'd like to incorporate AJAX as much as possible, to give a smooth look and feel. Good UI design will be important (Google Docs provides a good example of nice design).
Some unique features and needs include:
* Storing the document content in a content repository (eg, a SQL DB or MySQL, etc.). So when the doc is called up by the user, the content is dynamically generated by the system.
* Revision control/ versioning. Show all collaborators which changes have been made.
* Real time collaboration and sharing between users. Two or more users can update the content at the same time (or almost real time).
* Support for multi-language content: especially European accents; Asian characters (double byte); and "right to left" languages (Hebrew, Arabic). So users can type different language content in their files.
* Metadata: users will be able to "tag" the content and docs with metadata and descriptions so the docs can be searched and retrieved later. (ie, a search feature will also be needed).
* A "Marketplace": This feature will allow a Document Owner to post a Job in a marketplace for others to collaborate on the document. The Marketplace is a database system where people can register independently, or they can be invited to join by the Document Owner. The owner will specify a price and people can accept the job order and work on the document. The projects for both users (the Doc Owner and the Collaborator from the market) will be organized in a list of projects on their home pages.
* This is the majority of the project. Other features and details will be discussed with the winning bidder.
Similar Examples/Work would give more chances to get you the project !