We are a Karaoke hardware manufacture/distributor.
We are in the process of developing a Set-top MP3+G (MP3 + Graphics) solution that requires the following functionality:
1) Be able to capture or "rip" CD+G source material (standard WAV/CDA audio from cd audio and graphics stored in subcode) and save as a MP3 file and accompanying .cdg file. (Please refer to CDRWin application if you are unfamiliar with what I am referring to)
2) Be able to "rip" VCD video (MPEG1) or SVCD video (MPEG2) into either proprietary video format or to another standard, i.e. AVI, Divx, or MPEG derivative.
3) Data that is ripped will need to be stored on internal hard drive units.
4) Front end interface (will most likely be a LCD/LED controlled by remote control). Dont worry too much about the specifics of this, but keep in mind that the final interface will be like this.
5) Able to copy VCD or CD+G discs
6) Maybe - Ability to burn data from hard disk to standard CDR/CDRW media.
Since it is very early in development, we have the following options:
1) Have sotware written in Windows format and the set-top box will basically be designed around standard PC architecture.
2) Have sotware written that will be burned onto proprietary chip. We would prefer this solution, but may need to incorporate other circuit board design as this needs to have PC functionality, i.e. hard drive access.
This Job is mainly for all software development related tasks. If you are also knowledgeable in hardware design, please mention in your bid with appropriate pricing.
Please email <shoo@[url removed, login to view]> for more specifics or any related questions.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
As mentioned in primary description, we have two options:
1) Windows PC platform
2) hardware chip platform