This is a simple project.
Consider following a few steps to see what I need:
(1) Go to <[url removed, login to view]>.
(2) At this website, click in the upper left corner on the 'Applications' link.
(3) From the Applications frame, click on 'Matrix'.
(4) A big white box appears in the middle of the screen, called 'Texts to compare'. As the box describes, it will take two blocks of text (separated by one blank line, presumably a carriage return) and then spit out a 'similarity' score.
Basically I need the program to extract two bodies of text from two different websites, obtain the similarity score. And then repeat over and over again.
If you need specifics, here they are:
(1) At [[url removed, login to view]] on the left-hand-side of the screen click on the link for "Patents: Search". Then click on "Issued Patents: Quick Search".
(2) For Term 1, type "4000000" and for Field 1 select "Patent number". Click "Search".
(3) The record for US patent #4000000 will appear.
(4) About 5 screens down is a heading called "Description". This is a sample of the text that I need inputted into the big white box on the [url removed, login to view] website.
(5) Therefore, the program will receive a datafile of numbers. Two columns, many many rows. Column A is one patent number, Column B is another patent number. For each row, the program will cut and paste both Column A and Column B Patent descriptions, and spit out a Column C, which represents the similarity index that [url removed, login to view] produces.
In short, the program takes in a 2-column input file, and spits out a 3-column file. Keep in mind that that however many rows there are in the file, that equals how many times the similarity index is calculated.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
(4) The coder will provide up to 5 hours of post-project support.
I need this program to be a standalone executable. I do not want to be required to install any computer or platform software on my computer.