This Project is basically a Search Engine just like google and yahoo except for its own Spider/Crawler that makes it a MetaSearch Engine.
Some of the prominent features required are outlined below:
- Web, News, Images, Audio/Video, Map Search.
- Easily Manageable Custom Directory
- Server Cluster System to support more than one server for load balancing.
- Affiliate Module to distribute Paid Listings via XML and Non Paid as well as additional search results via XML and/or API.
- Complex Advertiser Module (as on Overture or Enhance) for Paid Advertiser Listings.
- Admin Control Panel for Setup and Configuration of the Engine.
- COMPLETELY Template Driven. EVERYTHING from the text to files, should be easily editable.
- Full Search Reporting & Accounting
- eCommerce integration (PayPal, MoneyBookers & 2Checkout)
- VERY VERY High Security from fradulent/inhuman clicks via proxies.
- Desktop Toolbar For Internet Explorer
- News ticker that sits in the taskbar for latest news around the globe.
Although, this would be made from scratch but cloning parts of it from several existing Engines is fine.
I'd like to work with developers who already have some experience with Search Engines.
Please contact me via MSN (preferable) for a detailed discussion on the project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Language : Java/JSP, XML
Database : MySQL
OS : Linux
WebServer : Tomcat
Application Server : Jboss
Broweser Support : All 5.0+ versions of IE, Mozilla Firefox and all other major browsers.