This job is for an update only to existing PHP extension.
The PHP extension is a bridge between PHP and a third party application. The extension is used so that the third party’s functionality can be used in PHP.
The PHP extension is written in C++ and it has the following dependencies:
- PHP 5.2.9 source code need to be used when compiling
- The code needs to be compiled with Visual Studio 2005
- The code calls third party DLLs (free trial available but may not be needed)
- The developer will need to familiarize himself with the existing code (10-15 functions) and the third party DLLs functionality
- Update 1: Currently every function will open a connection to the third party server and close it when done. Need to change that so that the connection is opened once on initialize and every function will use the same connection.
- Update 2: There is a variable which is not released. Support team from the third party provider have pointed out which one. That variable will need to be released.
- Update 3: On initialize, if the third party server is not running and the connection can not be established return an error. Currently PHP and Apache crashes.
The winning bidder will receive the current code base. Once the update is done the compiled code will be sent for testing. When all of the updates get successfully tested the project will be marked as completed.
Help will be provided where needed.