There are 2 parts of the system:
1.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Data entry application in Pocket PC.
2.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? A library for excel for the data sorting (or other standalone application).
The function is simple: The data entered and recorded in pocket PC saved in a file and will send back to a server. User shall be able to download the file and sort all data using excel.
The transport layer to send the file back to server is using GPRS. User can use pocket PC’s Ir port to communicate with a GPRS enabled mobile phone (with Ir port) to access the server IP and upload the file.
the system is made up of 2 applications:
-a client app, running on a win ce device
-a destop app, running on windows environments.
as for win ce, choose the ppc2003 platform only mainly to let the application run in .NET environment..
the exported data are sent as attachment to an email to the admin mailbox, using GPRS connection as transport. Here, COM object is needed in the ppc2003 application in order to let user easier to send the attachment without open a mailbox software and type the email address.
i will try to break down the project into 3 parts:
1. The UI data entry for ppc. which u can review the requirements attached.
-for this portion, the UI data entry should be able to let user insert thier data follow the UI requirements.
-the data inserted should be able to store in binary file (or other prefer format i.e:txt) which use for next portion.
-for this portion, i hope you to bid for 40% of the total bid and deliver within 2 weeks included unit test pass.
2. the driver to export the binary file to window viewable file when activesync run.
- the admin is able to group all the data from all the files received in mailbox and consolidate the data according to the sorting rules.
- this portion can only start after the ppc application tested and everythings is ok.
3. the last portion is the desktop? application that let the user to? configure the "limit value" for splitting the consolidated data from 2nd portion of the project into 2 files according to the sorting rules.?
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
mobile: window ce ppc2003
desktop: window 98/2k/XP
visual studio .NET