I am looking for a virtual Drive
The drive must have a drive letter, and be browseable from cmd console.
List of Files and Folders virtually displayed in the virtual drive must be build from a virtual tree stucture read from a database.
A record in this database is defined with at least the following attributes:
- "ID":unique id to identy an item in the tree
- "Type": 0 for a Folder, 1 for a File
- "ParentID": ID of the parent item in the tree stucture (-1 for the root item)
- "Name": name of the File or Folder
- "Size": size of the File
- "Source": path to the "real" file that must be used when we access the current virtual file in the virtual drive.
The virtual drive must be able to manage three types of source path:
- Local path (i.e.: C:\Program Files\[url removed, login to view])
- UNC path (i.e.: \\Machine1\Shared\[url removed, login to view])
- HTTP path (i.e: http:\\[url removed, login to view]\File\[url removed, login to view])
All files are displayed in read only and must be accessible as normal way.
So any applications must be able to use it as a normal drive for reading.
When a file in the virtual drive is requested by an application (i.e.: open/read access), this is the content of the "real" file (see Source field in database definition above) that must be "pushed transparently" to the application. So, when the source path of the file is an HTTP path, the virtual drive must manage transparently the way to get the content of this "real" file from http server and only at the moment it is requested by an application.
It must work on windows XP, working on Windows 98SE- millenium and 2000 would be great.
The Programming language could be Delphi or Visual C++.
It could be a driver or an application.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP - 98 - millenium - 2000