An existing website that runs on Drupal 6.14 requires a mobile theme. The ideal candidate for the job must be fully-proficient in Drupal 6, with experience in creating mobile-ready websites. The end product must be fully tested and ready for use on a live site when complete.
- Mobile theme design
- Detect device (feature phone, smart phone, tablet or desktop) and automatically serve the mobile theme for mobile devices and current desktop theme for non-mobiles.
- Resize images according to screen resolution.
- Fully customizable blocks and assignable regions that can be administered through Drupal's back-end (admin/build/block)
- We currently use the Emfield (Embedded Media Field module ver: [url removed, login to view]) to display video content from providers such as Youtube and Dailymotion and would like to be able to display videos for mobile devices.
Each of the following below (except perhaps the logo, login-in links and footer) should ideally be placed in blocks that will expand and close when clicked (accordion style). The header section should have graphical icons relevant to the section (eg: an icon depicting news, popular content, etc.) before the header title.
- Display our logo at the top (we will provide you with this).
- Display login, register and password recovery links.
- Blocks for advertising (we will assign these blocks later).
- Display links to the day's five most-read pieces of content (we can generated this for you by creating a block using Views module) and a link at the bottom that directs to an existing page called 'More popular content'.
- Display links to 5 popular articles of the day and a link to our news page for more news at the bottom (we can generated this for you by creating a block using Views module).
- Display links to 5 popular videos of the day and a link to our video page for more videos at the bottom (we can generated this for you by creating a block using Views module) and a link to video page at bottom.
- Display links to 5 popular photos (we can generated this for you by creating a block using Views module) and a link to photos homepage at bottom.
All list pages, such as news homepage, videos homepage, popular content page etc will be simple html lists with pagers at bottom.