This project is for adding categories to the search results on the magento product search results page. A screenshot is attached to show how the results should look. 95% of the screenshot utilizes existing CSS styles and page elements already used by the theme this website uses so it will be easy to match the design.
Here are the requirements for the project:
* Add "By Category" results at top of search results page. Categories should be included in this list if they have a product matching the search for keywords. i.e. - all the product search results below have a category, those should show up in the new "By Category" section
* By Category results should be 2 columns, divided equally
* By Category results should include breadcrumb style results without the "Home -" (starting at first subcat)
* Each Category result should show the total number of products matching the search phrase in the category, displayed as (##) after the breadcrumb name
* Categories should be sorted using the same order as in the admin panel category heiarchy
* Below the By Category results, should be the normal product search results.
* Product search results should organized by the category they are contained within, and display the category name above the individual product results.
* A link should be included next to the category names, "See all items in this category" that takes the user to the complete category page
* Product search results should sort utilizing the magento product ordering field in the admin panel category editor
Email me for additional clarifications.