We currently have a coming soon page developed using the yii framework which allows users to sign up to our site using facebook connect. After sign up users details are syncd from facebook and stored in a mysql database.
We require a manual sign up option to be added to the website, to allow non facebook users to sign up to our service.
The manual signup will require the following :
1) Sign up form (which can be a slightly tweaked version of our already developed "My account" page)
2) Add input box to create password (username will be their email address)
3) Add captcha box
4) Send email after registration with a double opt-in confirmation link (subject and body text to be discussed)
5) implement new signup button (attached)
6) Choice of Male/Female default image (keep existing functionality of "upload their own image") - default images attached.
7) Once they confirm via the confirmation link in the email they receive, their details must be injected into database and their profile picture must be added to the background photo wall (exactly how the existing fb connect does it)
8) a login button must be added to the footer menu
9) when the login button is clicked, a lightbox popup will show up, with email address and password
10) show [url removed, login to view] once they login
Ideally we would like the yii user-management module to be used as this has all the functionality we require.