We have a set of files containing time series data with two columns: time and amplitude. We need a web based application which will display each of these files to the user, the user in turn will have the following controls:
1) Zoom in and out,
2) scroll left and right
3) Select a single data point
As soon as the data point is selected the application will register the index of the data point on the server and proceed to display another time series.
On top of this simple structure we need the following details to be implemented:
1) The time series are a length of 5 seconds, the part displayed to the user is 3 seconds. For each display we want the 3 second portion to be picked randomly, i.e apply an offset uniformly picked from [-2,+2] seconds
2) Keep a record of how many times a data file was displayed. If a predefined threshold (Nmin) value is reached do not display this data anymore
- We want the project to be implemented with Flex or Flash, so that it will run on any system or mobile device
- The data storage could be done mysql with php, but it could also be something else
- The time series data can be also read from a mysql database as well.
*** Please check the attached schematic summarizing the project task. You can use the build in LineChart function of Flex or an open source library like Axiis.