Create a music based application built around the open source Songbird media player ([url removed, login to view]) to run on Windows computers.
1. All standard media player functionality for playing downloaded music.
2. Upon launch the player automatically logs into a remote server through the Internet with a unique identifier.
3. The server downloads files into a temporary cache on the user’s computer
a. The downloaded files include several short audio MP3 files and an instruction file.
4. The downloaded MP3 files will be played between tracks in the user’s playlist according to the instruction file.
a. This means the player must be programmed with intelligence to process the instruction file.
Other project requirements:
1. Create and host a test server program to demonstrate player functionality only.
2. Provide high level documentation.
THIS IS THE FIRST PIECE OF A MULTI-COMPONENT PROJECT AND SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION WILL LIKELY LEAD TO ADDITIONAL WORK FOR THE CODER.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s), which include all features described, in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).