We need a tester who knows how to play chess and who owns a Nokia Series 40 phone. You will be testing the latest version of our standalone chess engine, in which you play chess on the phone. See "Platform" for a list of Nokia Series 40 phones.
On this phone, you must be able to receive an SMS or wireless email message and be able to download the game from our Web site using an HTTP network connection from the phone. If you don't know how to do this, please do not respond to this bid. You will need to provide us either:
1. the phone number and carrier you use so that we can send the message to the phone
2. A wireless email address that we can use to send the upload message to the phone
An actual phone is required, not a phone emulator.
We want you to test our chess game by playing the game in the phone 5 different complete games, at 5 different levels. That is a total of 25 games. You must also record each move you make, and each move the computer makes, in each game at each level.
1. An Excel spreadsheet that contains a record of each game played. We will provide the spreadsheet.
2. 5 games played to completion at each of 5 levels. "To completion" means the game ends in draw, checkmate, or a program error.
3. In each game at a given level, you must play a different series of opening moves.
3. In the Excel spreadsheet, record each move you make, and each move the computer makes, in algebraic notation (for example, "e7-e5").
4. Record how the game ended
5. Record any error, in detail, if an error occurs.
5. Additionally, record any comment you have about the moves the computer makes.
6. Email the Excel spreadsheet to us every time you complete a game. Therefore you will email the spreadsheet at least 25 times.
You must have one of the following Nokia Series 40 phones:
| * 3100
You must be able to receive an SMS or wireless email message and be able to download the game from our Web site using an HTTP network connection from the phone. On AT&T Wireless, this is known as "mMode" service. On T-Mobile, it is known as "TZones". | * 6610
* 7250 |