We need a tester who knows how to play chess and who owns a Motorola A830 or A835. You will be testing the latest version of our chess game, in which you play chess on the phone.
The game is played in both standalone (off-network) and multiplayer (on-network) modes, so we need you to test 3 different versions of the game. You must have network access to test the multiplayer mode.
An actual phone is required, not a phone emulator.
We want you to test our chess game by a) playing the game and b) testing each menu option. There are approximately 15 options per game, and 3 game versions. This means testing about 45 options in total, as well as playing at least 2 games on each version.
1. An Excel spreadsheet that contains a record of each option tested. We will provide the spreadsheet.
2. Record pass/fail and any error, in detail, if an error occurs.
3. There are 3 different game versions, so all told you will provide 3 spreadsheets, one for each version.
4. There are about 15 options per game version, so you will be testing about 45 options.
5. Additionally you must play at least 2 games in each version.
6. All told expect to perform around 50-60 tests.
You must have a Motorola A830 or A835 with network access. You can load the game using the serial port on the phone, but to test multiplayer mode, you must have network access.