I am looking for a developer with experience with:
Sendmail fine tuning for mass email
Bonus: Macromedia Flash Server & JSP knowledge
The project consists of some repairs to our current in-house mailing setup to send mass emails / newsletters to our member base
currently the configuration is not good at all, the old development team did not put much effort into their tasks & gave me broken / dirty work
The essentials will be:
1. Fine tune the email server / application (written in php) to send out mass-emails in reasonable time (right now the server is sending around 300k in about 6 days!)
2. Configure the domains & IPs to meet all major email services guidelines (domain keys, etc, etc)
3. Correct handling of "bounced" emails, etc (currently there is NO handling at all)... this is actually part of #2 as I believe most major email services require proper handling of these issues
basically i need a VERY detailed oriented person or group to repair these issues but it would also be nice for this person to analyize the current "solution" and make suggestions for improvements... we can increase payment as necessary
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).