stored procedure In Oracle
1. read directory - get list of files in directory
2. load files into array (data structure type is open)
3. for each file, in a loop, extract values from XML and place into temporary variables
- We will finish the business logic in the middle, once the data is in local variables
4. move the file to another location on disk
XML Schema of inbound files is available, as well as the sample files. Version 8.1.7 of Oracle is the platform.
1. Stored procedure with comments and instructions on how to modify file locations as well as listing of all Oracle packages used.
2. Any packages that are not in the standard Oracle configuration, such as helper packages, must be included with full instructions on how to install. Would prefer not to use any third party packages.
3. Exception handling must be included in the procedure
4. Delivery should be yesterday.
Oracle 8.1.7 running on both Unix and Windows platforms. For the file scanning and movement of files, this should be delivered for Windows.