RAC Writing Addendums: o All English writing-related deliverables MUST be of grammatical, structural and logical quality commensurate with written English in a professional journal (unless otherwise stated by the Buyer). If you are a non-native English speaker you are HIGHLY CAUTIONED against bidding if you are less than 100% certain that you can provide this level of deliverables. + However, if the Buyer accepts your bid based on a sample of your work that falls beneath (or above) this level, then they are indicating that quality of your sample is the acceptable level of quality in this contract. o In general, all deliverables MUST be completely your own original work and may not be taken (in whole or in part) from any work that you do not have full copyrights to (unless otherwise stated by the Buyer). + If the buyer agrees to allow you to quote material from other sources, you must surround that material with quotes and cite the source with enough detail so it can be verified. + If the buyer agrees to allow you to paraphrase material from other sources, you must follow generally accepted standards for paraphrasing. Merely rearranging words and phrases from another source is considered plagiarism and is illegal. To correctly paraphrase, you should read the original and then close the book/source so you cannot see it and then write the entire material from scratch using your own words. o If you infringe any copyright you will forfeit all escrowed funds under the terms of ""fraud"" in your contract and may have your account suspended. DO NOT BID ON THIS PROJECT, unless you fully understand United States copyright law and it's ramifications to you. Client is seeking an effective means of direct marketing. Sending alerts to mobile phones in a permissive opt/in system is an effective way to reach and retain these company’s customers. The project will be a clone of [url removed, login to view] with other differentiation outlined in attachment.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
2) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Further: 1. Summary Client is seeking an effective means of direct marketing. Sending alerts to mobile phones in a permissive opt/in system is an effective way to reach and retain these company’s customers. Bidder will build, create and deploy complete front end with graphical treatment and complete help, Q&A and support files and section Bidder will build and deploy what will be termd the Message Management and Launch Pad (MMLP).
This system will be web based and password protected. This system will provide authorized individuals the ability to log in and send text messages through the network to cellular phones of individuals and/or previously identified groups. These individuals and groups could include a variety of colleagues, newsworthy establishments, and customers amongst other companies or individuals deemed appropriate. At it’s most basic, this system will allow a user to log in, select the individuals or groups who should receive the message from a list, type in the message text, then send the message. The user will receive a confirmation stating the message was successfully sent. The message will reach all specified individuals, groups, or the entire list. The system as detailed below fleshes out this basic system with the functionality requested by Mr. Garcia.
System Functionality All users will be able to access the system from any web enabled and Internet connected PC. The system will utilize SSL encryption to secure the site. At work, on the road, or at home, the system will be accessible. The applications will be username and password protected.
Bidders Platform will use HTTP methods for delivering text messages to mobile devices. The HTTP delivery method will allow the least cost routing and enable for an efficient, economical method of sending messages. Platform will support North American carrier recognition. As a redundant method of assuring the correct phone number, the specific user information regarding their carrier and phone number can also be determined during the sign up process and is described in brief below.
Built into the MMLP will be a mechanism for adding, updating and deleting mobile providers. This mechanism is described below in the Total System Administrator section. The specific delivery method for each phone is determined by how the delivery method is setup in the System Administrator section and what information a user enters for their device. As an example, in the System Administrator area of the application, the administrator would enter a provider (i.e. AT&T) only in the case of Carrier Recognition database’s inability to recognize the phone number. Once configured, this carrier would become available in the User area of the system and would require no more than a pull down menu selection from a user. The system would interpret the rest of the configuration required for that user. This functionality allows the System Administrator to add 100’s of carriers if necessary and to reconfigure those carriers as needed. This also makes the user sign up process straight forward and simple.
To send messages a user must be an Authorized Sender. These individuals can sent messages immediately or schedule messages to be sent at set times. During the sign up process, users are promoted for a number of key pieces of information: Carrier, Phone Number, Time Zone (this could also be Zip Code, provided Mr. Garcia has access to a Zip Code database for the United States), and other marketing and segmentation information deemed necessary by Mr. Garcia. Based on a user’s information, an Authorized Sender can schedule messages out for groups. These messages will be sent to the individual members of that group based on their time zone. The system can confirm a message was sent with a positive or non-negative response from the carrier’s http servers.
There is, however, no way to insure that a message is received by the phone itself. To incorporate commerce, each Authorized Sender would be issued message credits. These credits could be based on a per-message-sent scale, with each message costing X amount of dollars. An Authorized Sender could use a credit card to purchase credits and have them added to their account. These message credits would then be debited from their account as messages were sent. A System Administrator could also issue message credits directly to an account and set up a manually billing arrangement with the Authorized Sender. These manually entered message credits could be tracked via the reporting mechanisms provided to the System Administrator.
Weekly or Monthly a System Administrator would have to run a report and invoice a user. This may be the more desirable solution for large volume corporate clients wishing to use the system. Basic and New Users The basic user will have access to the user management piece of the system. They will be able to log in and do the following:
• New user sign up. New users will be able to access the system and added their phone and other information to the system Once signed up, a new user becomes a basic user once he pay’s with credit card and transaction is completed.
• Manage their personal information. Once added to the system users will be able to access the system and update their information (i.e. name, cell phone number, department, time zone and e-mail address).
• The basic user will be able to follow a routine to determine weather they can receive an SMS/Image message on their phone. If they cannot receive messages, the system will give them information on how to contact their provider to sign up for service.
• The basic user will also receive an e-mail when an SMS/image message is sent to their phone.
• The basic user will also be provided with a feedback link on the sign up and maintenance pages. This will allow users to request additional carriers and features not available on the system. Authorized Sender The authorized sender users will have all the functionality of the Basic User with the addition of:
• Will be able to assign users to specific groups if the user signs up for their group.
• Will be able to select users and groups from a list and launch messages via the Message Launch Pad.
• Can view messages sent, credits left and error reports. Administrator The administrator will have all of the functionality of the Authorized Sender with the addition of:
• List management capabilities o Add departments or groups o Move users from one group to another o Add users o Delete users
• There will be no limitation to the number of users or groups within the site.
• View additional reports of Authorized Sender activity. Total System Administrator will have all of the capabilities of the System Administrator plus the following:
• Ability to view reports on message usage o Times messages were sent o Message delivery status o Who sent messages o Who received messages
• Add, Delete and Edit carriers and carrier configurations.
• View message queue o Add and remove credits o Add change and control pricing plan. This project should be completed and deleiverd in 90 days.
The platforom should be php, sql, or other recomendations can be considered.