I want a program to parse the data on a website and pick out all the meaning full data, ie names, times ect. Which is all stored in a table. and display this data formatted in another web page.
The table format may change so I want the ability to change the regular expression rules myself and I want it to run in a web browser.
The webpage to be read from is not run/owned by me, but will be my online phone bill (which will require login, and I want to be asked for that not hard code it in), and the weather in my local area, so in essence I want to create a homepage on the web for me that reads my phone bill (or other) and displays data chosen by myself, ie who I last called, last 35 dialled numbers or times of all my calls to "bill", so the data might have to be stored in a DB? your choice!?
I don't know how hard this will be to do, I know it can be done in Perl, but I'd like to be able to edit the program, and view it in a browser, sort of piggy back the content of my site off other sites. I'd like it to use PHP and MySQL if possible, it could possibly be a standalone program to run under windows and use my broadband connection, its upto you. But I want to be able to edit the layout of the page and I know HTML so this is preferred option. Whatever is easiest!
Java is also an option!!!
I can write basic PHP and use SQL queries (still learning though!) so this is my ideal solution for storage of the data so I can play with it and choose how I select the data myself.
Thanks for reading this, hope you can help me.
I'd rather not give you my user name and password for my phone bill thanks,Basically I want:
1. It just has to log into a site. (basic PHP/MySQL login is fine), remembering its not hosted on the same sight tho!
2. Read a HTML table (hidden amougst HTML crap frames, news and stuff)(rows = x, columns= 3-5max) into a SQL table of same format using first row as column names
3. Run SQL select queries on table (I can do this)
all preferably in a web page from a web page!
Doesn't have to use a DB if you don't need to!
Any questions please ask
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables) Not all SQL queries need to be there!!!:
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP, 2000, 98 ect ect.....
Latest versions of InternetExplorer, PHP, MySQL ect ect
Not neccesarily Netscape but would be nice.