This project that will involve building a flash interface to:
1. Secure permissions for utilizing a user's webcam and/or microphone
1.5 Allow the user to name the file that will be saved
2. Provide a flash interface that allows the user to see what is being recorded
3. The user must be able to start recording (short countdown visible before they actually start recording after clicking the record button)
4. The record button turns into a stop button when clicked
5. The user can pause the recording and start it again when ready
6. The user can back up using a slider bar to a point where they messed up and start recording from there
7. The user can preview the entire recording and choose to save it or try again.
8. Once satisfied, the flash app will finalize saving the file through the Red5 Media server in a predetermined temporary location on the web server.
9. The flash app will POST info to a PHP file. The post will contain a memberID, may contain a bookName and will contain the name of the temporary file. The memberID and bookName (if needed) will be passed into the flash app when it is called.
This can be developed in Flash or Flex, your choice. I'll provide colors etc for the user interface so that it will integrate well into my site.
The Red5 server is installed on our dedicated server, but has not been verified working. You MUST be able to handle its configuration etc. as well.