i was tasked to work on this, and would like your expertise on how to do it the most effective way.
We're co-developing a web based postcard / name card site.
Customers go in, use some templates to choose background / fonts etc.
They can then output to a page to print out on their own printers at home/office.
BUT at the same time, this outpage page, has to print to a high res PDF / tiff / jpeg file fit to be sent for offset / digital printing at a commercial printer. This would be routed to the printers via email.
How can this be done? Flash? Director? Shockwave?
if u have a live demo, please email to me and you will be selected immediately.
ALL images/layout/concepts WILL be provided. We just need the programmer to do the "backend" of it.
1. Customer signs up, enters the template page
2. Customer composes his/her own postcard with a "live" WYSIWYG text composer
3. Customer can save the postcard
4. Customer can preview it, AND print on their local printer.
5. Once he/she makes the final touches, he/she can "SEND TO OFFSET PRINT" and the pdf / jpeg / tiff file will be emailed direct to an email address of the offset printer.
6. Please proposed what type of OS would be better, Windows hosting or Linux? Best solution would be server-independant.
I found these 2 sites.. they output to pdf.
www . wilsonjones . com
www . sitepoint . com/article/generate-pdfs-php
We need a LIVE demo to be installed on our server for us to let our client approve. This demo can be just a simple html page with a background image, and some foreground text. The Click To Print button has to be a popup, to enter the recipient's email address. The recipient will then get the pdf / jpeg / tiff file in his email.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Linux / and or NT to be confirmed