Need an e-commerce site with some customization (multiple store fronts, a discussion forum, a blog, and some other addons). Preferably the customization will be done in a way that will allow the oscommerce core code to be updated when necessary without trouble.
I am open to any reasonable e-commerce software that will work for this application. There will be two main stores one for consumer and one for wholesale. The consumer store will need multiple store fronts because we want to have custom pages for certain product lines so it looks like a factory store for each line. I don't want a custom individual design for each factory store, what I want is a "skinning" type feature on the backend so that we can designate a certain vendor to have a custom store where only their products show up. The stores can be functionally identical with just some standard cms type customization (header graphic and some other visual elements to make their store front look different). We will provide a logo and general aesthetic, but graphical elements and overall look will need to match that and we hope you can provide that. We will also obviously need some sort of cms to manage our product inventory and other content.
For add ons:
1) The aforementioned skinning feature so there can be unlimited store fronts (i.e. the main store can be myStore.com and then we can have AcmeProducts.mystore.com, SomeOtherBrandProducts.mystore.com etc).
2) A discussion forum
3) A multi author blog
4) sales of physical as well as download (virtual) products
5) A B2B function that will allow vendors to edit information about their products and view sales reports.
We do have several domains and will provide the ssl certificate as well.
- Site must use caching to minimize database calls
- User authentication must work across entire site (store, blog, forum, admin)
- there will be some wiki and user generated content/profiles
Full requirements will be provided and mutually agreed upon before work begins.