In-App Facebook Wall Spec
We are looking to develop a customized solution using a facebook wall style discussion board. I have attached a better-formatted version of the spec as well.
This wall will be located within our moodle-powered LMS.
• One “wall” per class, but that can be on multiple pages. So for example, if we have 4 different pages for 4 different exams for a class, each page should display the same wall with the same posts, moderators, notifications, etc.
• Posting: customers should have the ability to create a new post or comment on an existing one. The posts should be arranged reverse-chronologically.
• Search: we require an ajax-powered search function of each class wall so students can easily find topics that have already been covered
• Scalability; we must be able to create and implement new walls on our own with basic programming knowledge
o Customers should have the ability to subscribe to the wall, such that if they choose they will receive a notification/email when a moderator posts on the wall or anybody comments on their post
o We are also interested in a text notification system
• Customers should have the option to post anonymously if they so choose, but administrators should be able to see who the poster is
o Note: customers use facebook connect to sign in to our moodle, so the credentials are already there.
o Moderators should be marked as “TZ Tutor” or “TZ Certified”
o Moderators should be delineated clearly by a shading of their post
o Moderators should have the ability to delete (or potentially edit) regular posts
o Moderators should have the option to subscribe to the wall to receive a notification anytime a post is made
o Administrators should have the ability to easily handle assignment of moderators to specific classes