We need a script that will download email attachments from a POP server.
It can be writen in either Perl, Python or Ruby and will be tested/deployed on an Ubuntu Linux system.
The script must
- Connect to a POP server.
- Scan for messages from a specified email address.
- Scan those messages for attachments that contains a specified string (in the attachment name).
- Download those attachments to a specified folder.
NOTE: The scanning of attachment names is to identify files of a certain type that should be downloaded, like '.zip' or '.jpg'.
There are four parameters that should be easy to change but can be specified in the code itself.
1. The address of POP server
2. The email address of sender
3. The string to look for in the attachment names.
4. The folder to save the attachments to.