This is a short project to complete the J2ME/MIDP 2.0 implementation of our multiplayer game on a Treo 600 phone. To bid you must have the following:
- A Treo 600 phone with data service. We prefer Sprint PCS as the carrier but any wireless data service should work
- Several years experience with Java
- Experience with J2ME is also desirable
- You will need a J2ME build environment
We have a nearly-complete implementation of this game for the IBM WebSphere MIDP2.0 implementation available for the Treo 600. The following items need to be completed:
1. The screen layout needs to be enhanced to support 8 players instead of 4. We will provide the underlying graphic. We also provide you a [url removed, login to view] file that contains declarations for all relevant screen coordinates. Your task is to update [url removed, login to view] so that the coordinates match the underlying graphic.
2. Pointer support needs to be added so that menu selection occurs by pointer tap. Currently the menu selection occurs by numeric keypad press.
3. Finally, the actual device needs to be tested for successful game play against our server.
Overall we estimate a maximum of 24 hours of time for this project.
The winning bidder must sign an NDA. We will then provide an obfuscated JAR, with the relevant portions of code that are to be enhanced provided in source form.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
J2ME MIDP 2.0
For more information refer to <[url removed, login to view]>