We want a community site similar to that of myspace but dedicated for gamers.
We want the myspace style clone to have all the functionality that myspace does, such as:
• Profile areas users can personalize (colors, fonts, audio, html etc)
• Custom ladder / tree system to show fixtures and results
• Calender to show / announce events
• Logins secure and multi level allowing different levels of site edit.
• Score reporting system including points / rank allocated based on score.
• Ability to import or show xbox360 gamertag scores and profiles
• Groups (created by registered user and containing there own forums)
• Forums - Site administrated forums for set topic chat
• Im feature for communication between users
• Community chat room (linked or hosts in groups and in the forums section)
• Video plugins to play from other sites (You Tube, etc)
• Video upload (to store and play video direct from our site)
• Account management
• Pages that we can edit and put our own hmtl code into for easy updates without the fixed style of a CMS.
• User created and administrated forums, allowing for sub forum creation.
We’re disinclined to buy a ready solution like PHPFOX, but if you really feel that this really is the best starting point, please say incase you can persuade us, the main idea is custom php coded and we can provide access to a test server to show code that we have already been playing with.
Your site will need to function correctly but we are not that bothered about look and feel as long as it can be re-skined and themed later on.
You will be responsible for all aspects of this work – from identifying the modules, through putting them together, managing the server and the MySQL DB etc.
We want high quality development with good commenting of code to facilitate follow up and support later. This will also require super lightweight code in order to deal with high volumes of web traffic.
To be considered you need to be a experienced, proven, expert with PHP/MYSQL with excellent communication and project skills, putting together suites of modules into robust, fast and stable systems. Please only bid on this project if you really have the experience and have a good track record we can check out, please also note that we will not provide any further additional budget and that this is a payment on delivery project only. We will however consider bonuses for quality work delivered on time and for anything that goes above and beyond our expectations, for the right candidate this can also lead to a lot more work as this will be a growing project this being stage 1.
We have already been let down too often with freelancers wanting part payment for sites they fail to completley deliver so no new or inexperienced users please this is a serious project with a lot of potential.