I've had to cancel the project. It turns out that there is no port control in JavaSound (even though it is discussed in the examples and the JavaDoc for JavaSound) in 1.4.
JMF does not recognize the audio as a native audio type, it will take abit of work to wrap the MOTU drivers so that JMF will recognize it ADC.
I'm going to repost the project in the C++ section, if you have bid on the project please check the C++ section in the next few days.
Our project involves developing what is called an "audio loop recorder". Developing in Java using JMF 2.1.1, we are reaching out to see if a developer can help us fast track a small module (possibly split into 2 parts) that, at a high level, will:
-List all possible audio recording sources
-Allow for the selection of an audio source.
(This could be from any valid audio source connected to the system. We currently utilize internet audio streams, standard windows soundcards, as well as a analog -> digital converter from MOTU)
-Assign 50 character descriptor to source
-Configure loop duration
-Begin recording and end when the loop duration is complete
-Write .wav file
-Update sequential counter
-Begin recording next audio chunk
-Repeat until ordered to stop
Module will need to:
- be able to support concurrent recording threads, up to as many as 75-100 simultaneously - we're looking to test the upper performance thresholds (yes, we may have that many unique audio sources?)
-manage the start stop state of each thread
-manage XML configuration file containing audio source/port, description, duration, status, and counter information (more fields TBD)
1) Completed to spec, and fully-functional working programs in executable form as well as complete documented source code and technical use documentation of all work done.
2) Simple installation package or detailed written instructions that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the Win 2k platform specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
4) Phone/MS Messenger chat regarding project to go over details prior to start
(this didn't fit above, added here)
We are currently involved in other client work in Java, JSP, SQL and ASP which is preventing us from doing it ourselves. We'd also like to create some new relationships with programmers outside our current team, pursing the possibility of future piece work. This small project gives us a chance to get our feet wet in a comfortable setting. We are located in the SF Bay Area, someone in the area would be a plus, but is not a requirement.
We will be running this under Windows 2k