Java Client/Server Applet
Build a Java Applet Server/Client Application to scan files systems.
• Client and Server must to run independent and in the same Computer.
• Server must to connect with more than one client at the same time (Must to be able to handle simultaneous connection).
- That can be achieved by changing the client program name and attempt to connect while the first client application is in process.
• Configure Applet pages to support https.
• Sever agent will search client file System for files that would identify the presence of software we consider illegal for our Network. Under those Software we include:
- Vulnerability and penetration test tools such as: Nmap, Nexpose, Nessus, Metasploit and wireshark.
- Well known tools used to infect Network (Think of any two)
- Well known tools used to gain administration rights ( Think of any two)
• Full comments to be included with the code
• A text file document with full instruction on how to run the programs in both Windows and Linux Platform.
From the figure above we assume that the client is placed behind the access point on a wireless network and trying to access the network using a valid Username and password. However before being granted access to the Network the following apply providing the Server has already been started and waiting Client:
1. Client request access to the network (Done when client is Started)
2. Server reply asking to search clients machine (If answer is no user is automatic denied access to network and serve will prompt access denied + reason, else server will search file system).
3. After file system is searched if any file matches those on server database, access will be denied and user warned to uninstall the named illegal program and try again.
4. If no matching files are found user will be prompted to enter username and password.
5. In real word username and password should be forwarded to the authentication Server however as this is a simulation only the server will store a file with usernames and passwords, were the entered credentials will be checked . The entered username and password match any stored, a login succeed message will be displayed, else access denied.
6. Please take security into consideration.
7. Consider adding RSA pubic/private key (not compulsory)
When finish runs the programs in at least on Operating System (Windows or Linux, both would much appreciate) and take print screen shots of the programs functionality and attaché it on a word document. Feel free to introduce any further ideas on this requirements, I will make sure you award for this. Contact me for any suggestion.
This work is not being offered to anyone else so I am counting on you.