I am looking for about 8 to 12 hours of assistance completing a Java server and J2ME client project. Because of the confidential nature of the work, it must be performed on-site. More details about what "on-site" means will be provided later in this bid request.
On the Java server side, I have Hibernate/WebWorks code that is ready to go, but needs to be integrated into the existing server-side code base. This will involve:
1. Accessing the code from my Subversion repository
2. Integrating it with the existing code in an Eclipse or NetBeans project
3. Integrating it into the existing build script
I estimate this to be about 4 to 6 hours of work.
Additionally, there is an existing Java SE server that must be modified to write information that it receives from an HTTP client into a MySQL database. The database already exists.
I estimate this task to be about 2 hours of work.
Finally, I have a J2ME client that needs some revisions to a) interface with an existing library b) interact with the Java SE server.
I estimate this task to be about 4 hours of work.
The way the project would work is that I would relocate to an area near you for a couple of days. You would then come to my hotel (probably a Marriott) and work with me there. In this way we would work as a small team, using the code on-site so that I can preserve the necessary client confidentiality. NOTE: THE WORK CAN BE PERFORMED ON A WEEKEND.
To bid, please indicate your experience with the technologies listed. NOTE: J2ME is GOOD TO HAVE but NOT REQUIRED. Your server-side Java skills are more important.
You will also need an Internet-capable laptop, preferably running Windows.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased.
Java SE 1.5 or more recent
J2ME MIDP 2.0