MAS is currently accepting bids for a java, php, or asp.net based audio/video chat server ( we do not care to use Flash Media Server ) for our site. Requirements and behavior for the chat server are the following:
1. Provide for 3 types of membership; free, basic, and premium
I. free membership provides text only chat with a ten minute timer tied to IP address, login session is terminated after the ten minute expiration and is in effect for 24 hours.
II. A timer should appear that counts from 5:00 to 0:00 and then the chat disconnects. At that point the main screen should show a message saying “ Upgrade now to Premium Membership to have unrestricted Audio / Video Chat “
B. basic membership provides text only chat with no timer
C. Premium membership provides audio/video/text chat with 4 windows to view friends video.
Should also allow for 2 private audio/video/text chat windows.
2. Chat interface should be the same for each membership type with appropriate features turned off. Unused windows for free and basic members should say “Upgrade Now”.
3. Should provide rectangular banner area at the bottom for advertisement placement and programming to do advertisement rotating. The advertisement area can be opened or closed in the premium chat but is locked open in the free and basic chat. The open/close button should have
4. If a user clicks on a user in the main chat area, there should be an area on the right hand side to display that person’s thumbnail and vital information; chat name, sex, city, country, and qoute. There should be a similar area in the private chat window, if the person has video available the thumbnail would be replaced by their video feed.
5. The main chat area should have an icon for users who have shared their webcam. Users must be able to share and stop sharing webcam in both public and private chats.
6. The chat must allow users to adjust font type, size, and color. The chat should also recognize basic typed expressions like happy face.. J, sad face.. L and so on .
7. Our site has 2 portals to chat; 1 is to the main chat, it is a chat link at the top of the site’s navigation pane.
The other is a chat icon in each person’s profile. This is for 1 on 1 chat.
Users must also be able to double click a user in the main chat to open a private chat window.
8. There should be a mechanism for a user to choose to view someone’s video in the main room. Right click menu saying something like
Private chat with this person
View this video in window #1
View this video in window #2
View this video in window #3
View this video in window #4
9. There should be a mechanism for a user to close a video window if they choose to.
10. Chat server should be integrated 100% with our current database providing logon information, mysql
11. Chat server needs to be setup so that if a user closes or logs out of the website, they would be disconnected from the chat client.
12. The user’s own video should be displayed in a 3rd separate window with stop my video show my video buttons.
13. Chat server must be completely stable with up to 5000 connections.
14. Software is to completely ours, no restrictions.
Bids should include amount for each of the three programming languages if available.
Project duration should be no more than 2-4 weeks.
This includes time for a well orchestrated test.