We are an online textbook store and we are looking to add enhancements to our "inventory system". The inventory system already enables us to sell books on our website. We are planning on adding features to our website that will allow us to:
- List inventories and end listings on Amazon through Amazon Web Services
- [url removed, login to view] through their FileExchange (Information can be found at: [url removed, login to view])
- Centrally manage inventories listed on our website, amazon and half.com.
- Allow the functionality to print "SKU" labels for easy identification by auto PDF generation. More details will be provided if requested.
We had already implemented the solution that will list inventories on [url removed, login to view] last year but [url removed, login to view] made changes to their file formats after Oct 2005, so much so that our old functionalities would not work. We simply want to upgrade our system so that it works with the new fileexchange.
* PROJECT REQUIREMENTS:
* For Selling books
The books will be loaded into the inventory management system and the system should automatically generate SKU numbers for printing by automatically generating a PDF file. At the time of generating SKU, the interface will have options to load on the 1) website, 2) Amazon and 3) Half.com.
A cron job should be developed that checks Amazon and [url removed, login to view] for orders. When the orders are generated from any of these websites, the system should delist (according to the inventory levels) from other websites.
* TECHNICAL CONSTRAINTS:
The IT infrastructure is setup to run on three servers: 1- web. 1- database server, 1-replication server. The setup is LAMP. Runs on Apache2 PHP5 and MySQL5. The proposed solution should be developed in PHP5 (Linux) and MySQL5. Scalability issues also important.
* TIME CONSTRAINTS:
I would ideally like this software to be developed, tested and delivered by November 30, 2006. If I get a feel from the potential bidders that the time allowed is very little, then I prefer the following phased development:
1. Deliver an inventory system capable of handling inventories and generating labels.
2. Allow the system to load the books on [url removed, login to view] through FileExchange.
Add other remaining functionalities mentioned under the "Project Requirements"
* PLEASE NOTE:
Please note that I already have a solution developed that used to work with [url removed, login to view], so I will provide the necessary codes and functions and full access to the staging server during development.
I also welcome alternative system development suggestions, but the proposed system should be compatible with LAMP.
Thank you very much for your time!
Look forward to receiving your bids,