I want a country & state drop down list created.
firstly, the states must by dynamically queried from the database, after choosing the country.
- if the country has no states (like United Kingdom), then a box displaying "Constituent Country:" will be displayed (so for UK, it would have: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
- All of this information hould be kept in either one or two mySQL tables.
- i will also ask for postcode, so if a postcode is entered (and if you know of a good website i can double-check postcodes of that specific country ) then that would help aswell. (ATM not a big issue).
so, person will choose the country, page will either quick refresh or dynamically load the next 1 or 2 boxes. Those boxes will either say 'state' or 'constituent countries', aswell as postcode.
This will be needed for people registering on my site, so they say where they are located, and will be used by the general public when they do a search (as they will only be choosing people in their location, and the closer the better.)
- this must be tuned efficiently, so it doesn't spike the server, if numerous people are using during one period of time.
- When you big, please include your geographic location.