Looking for the following application to be created in PHP/MySQL on Linux server
1) User login
2) Email client that can check mail on other email servers (saved with login info)
3) Mailing lists can be stored as well as individual addresses
4) Email composition will use FCKEditor preferably
5) Email composition will be able to create Branded Email - templates will be pulled from up to 2 servers, ACCESS and MySQL ideally. If ACCESS not possible, 2 MySQL databases.
6) Newsletters can be sent to mailing lists. Newsletter recepients will have to "opt-in".
7) Email attachments be possible to upload and download.
8) Email composition will be able to create Branded registration emails - where the receipient clicks on a link to confirm attendance to an event. (Either simply clicking, or visiting an event website)
9) All statistics tracked and displayed on a page.
Note: The layouts will be designed by us. We mainly use CSS.
Since some people asked: Clarification on users:
1) They will sign up and give their payment information.
2) They can sign up for 1 time use, a month use, a year use, etc.
3) Once this time period is up, their accounts will be disabled - e.g., they cannot send/check emails.
4) But they can still renew their payment.
5) When payment goes through, their accounts are again active.
Date posted: Today 00:50
Some more details about the project - please excuse the length - I just want to describe exactly what we want.
Simply put, we want an application that is an fancy email client that accesses external servers, sends HTML email, newsletters, and registrations/invitations. In theory, other than the payment part, this should be a straightforward application.
Please read the specs carefully...
1) They will sign-up for an account, and submit username, password, address, secondary e-mail, phone number, credit card info (for processing with paypal), and, if available, their email server information. If they do not have this email information, an email address should be created for them on our Linux server which they can use to check and send e-mail from.
NOTE: There should be a backdoor for us to change the amount the user must pay (we have partners that we will offer this application for free). Any method for doing this is acceptable. Perhaps administrators can create users who don't have to pay.
2) They will then login to the system using this info. An email with their login info should be emailed to them at this point.
3) They then will be at the application's "control panel/dashboard" where they can do one of the following:
- read their sent messages (an archive of sent email/newsletter/invitations, received email/newsletter/invitations, and drafts),
- compose new branded email
- reply to an email
- compose a branded newsletter
- edit their contacts
- edit their user profile
- view administration statistics
4) Reading their archived sent messages will show the following information about each email/newsletter:
- status (sent/draft)
- sent date
- message subject, and
- Number of recipients viewed/ Number of recipients sent.
Clicking on any email will cause the details of the message to be shown - not in a pop-up.
5) The archive message details will show:
- the original message
- all emails/names the message was sent to (in a scrollable div)
- emails/names of who viewed or accepted the invitation (in a scrollable div)
- in the case of an invitation that requires a payment - it will show which email/names who have paid (e.g., John Smith, emailaddress - Paid.)
6) Drafts can be opened, edited and sent when needed.
7) Contacts' names, emails, phone numbers, etc (typical info) will be stored and can be used when composing email/invitations/newsletters.
8) Composing messages:
** TYPE I - Standard Branded Email:
- FCKEditor will preferably be used to compose the email body
- The branded email is HTML email. The template graphics/info must be pulled from an external database (One is ACCESS, the other is MySQL). The templates that will be available will vary with each user. There will be default templates regardless if no external templates are associated with the user.
- files should be able to be attached.
- all sent messages should be archived.
- All links placed in the body of the message will be tracked to see if the recipient clicked on it.
- When REPLYING, the original HTML should be stripped and the template REAPPLIED.
** TYPE II - Branded Newsletter:
All requirements of TYPE I AND...
- all recipients will have to opt-in before being placed on the mailing list.
** TYPE III - Branded Invitation (with and without payment)
All the requirements of TYPE I and TYPE II AND...
- If payment is required, they will be sent to a paypal payment portal to send payment.
- For this type of message, the recipient does not need to be on an opt-in list.
9) Viewing Statistics
On one (1) page, the following statistics should be shown:
- Money raised in total
- List of emails sent
- Number of registered people
- This should be printable.
- we design using CSS, and we will be designing the layouts. Thus we require the php code to be modular enough that we can place in DIVS easily without much issue.
- as there will be credit card info stored, we will require security of the database and logins.