Absolutely essential 3 key points:
2) Minimum experience: AT LEAST 30 projects on freelancer, at least 20 with google maps.
3) Transparent code. Someone (probably you) will edit it later so make sure source code is spotless
[url removed, login to view] website
I want to develop a website that will allow creation of instant maps based on the coordinates stored in excel/other spreadsheeet. There may be many markers on the map and these may have different colour, different label and would display different comment after user clicks on it.
The spreadsheet contains up to 5 values. These are:
Latitude, longitude, color (of the marker), label (number only, 1-999), comment
All these will be stored in the database and the last field will be added automatically - Map_id (autoincrement unique ID).
1) Create a large textarea, where I can paste any number of rows from excel. Each row has up to 5 fields. Also, I need you to find how many columns are used (they may only be first 2 columns copy/pasted) and only import these to database. The empty columns and fields should be loaded as NULL values. Once the values are pasted into the textarea, the new page with map will automatically appear.
2) Store the fields in the MySQL database. Make sure that Map ID is unique so that more people can query and update the database as needed. Name of the database will be copypastemap
3) Display the right colour of the markers on the map (supplied by visitor as the column number 3). Markers may have different colours.
Colours: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, green, blue, black, brown, grey, violet, pink, white, cyan
If required, the Hex values of the colours can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
If the colours are not filled in, use the green marker.
If the labels are not filled in, the markers will be without numbers
4) Display legend under the map
Legend will contain table, first column with the marker and the second with label and a comment
a) Right click on a marker= Edit option – change colour, change label, change comment, remove marker.
b) Right click on the map (not the marker) – add a marker.
c) Move – drag and drop. Important – after the marker is moved, update the coordinates in the database
Do not alter the data table after every action!
As soon as the user moves/adds/edits/deletes the marker, 2 red buttons appear below the map. One of the buttons will be SAVE CHANGES and the other one DISCARD CHANGES. SAVE CHANGES saves all changes to database while DISCARD CHANGES does not alter the table and reloads the latest data from the database. After any of these two buttons is clicked, the buttons disappear.
6) Make possible to save map (generate a link for the map – unique link, that user can use to show map to other users) that is at the moment on the screen. Create another table for this one, where the unique link will be paired with the map ID.