We need to hire a programmer to clone an existing website. The site is www.whiskeymilitia.com.
DESCRIPTION OF EXISTING SITE:
[url removed, login to view] is a site that sells outdoor clothing by skate, surf, and snowboarding companies, one piece at a time, at clearance prices. They sell the item until a) it sells out, or b) a predetermined amount of time runs out. When one or the other event happens, a new item of clothing is listed on the site, with accompanying 1) Name of item, 2) item description, 3) Item Features, 4) Brand sizing guide, 5) Additional photos of the item, 6) Brand Logo, 7) Discount Price, 8) Percent off of original price, 9) Original price, 10) Drop down list of available colors, 11) Drop down list of available sizes, 12) Small picture of the items next to real-time indicator of the number of each size/color remaining, 13) "Email this item to a friend" form, 14) Total Quantity for sale (updated in real-time), 15) Sell-out rate (updated in real-time), 16) Estimated sell-out rate (updated in real-time), and finally 17) a space for placing related content (perhaps some Google Adwords or affiliate ads).
The site must dynamically update the item being listed when one of the two events take place (either the item sells out, or time is up).
ALL links will be cloned, both in the header and the footer, EXCEPT for the "forum" link in the header.
We need the following:
1) a way to update the queue of items in the database with new additional items for sale.
2) a way to print up shipping labels that are pre-populated with the customers shipping info, which are tied into either our UPS or FedEx account (perhaps one of them has an API). We would prefer the ability to populate that info ourselves on our end.
3) Reports on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis of various items (to be specified later, but would like to keep it simple)
4) Shopping cart - We would like to clone the existing shopping cart as close as possible.
We would basically like the site to be exactly the same in it's layout, but we'd like to provide graphics for a new logo, header, borders, etc. so as to brand it as our own. But the layout is to stay the same.
1) We would like an RSS feed that lists the current item
2) Optionally, we would also like to have a downloadable notification program that sits in a user's toolbar tray that notifies a person when a new item has been listed on the site.
We are not hardcore about the site being developed in any particular language. Only that it work. LAMP will work fine, but if you have a preference for Python or RubyOnRails, or something else, please submit a bid as well, with a description of why you'd like to use that language.... As long as it functions like the existing site.