We are looking to convert a PHPNuke site running PHPBB V2 in to a Joomla site running the latest PHPBB, all 8000 members and all 150,000 forum posts must remain intact along with members information.
On this site we have a number of custom modules which must be integrated in to Joomla, we will also be wanting additional modules added including a members photo gallery.
You will be given a backup of the existing mysql database and a new site to work from along with database access.
Go and look at the site: [url removed, login to view] ALL THE MODULES you see working on that site must be integrated in to the new Joomla web site, MAKE SURE you know what you are doing and you understand what is required from you, you will have just 2 weeks from accepting the project to completion, you must be willing to accept 25% payment up front by paypal, a further 25% after 1 week and the final 50% on completion.
If you have questions then please ask away.
Only apply for this project if you have experience doing this kind of work.
It is also important that you communicate with me during the project via MSN Messenger as well as email.
You will be provided with the existing mysql database, ftp access to a clean web site and of course database access.
I am looking at a maximum of 2 weeks from the start of the project to completion; money will be paid as follows:
25% up front
25% after 1 week – subject to work carried out
50% on completion
Money will be sent via paypal only and sent to you as a gift, this way you will not pay ANY fees and you have the security of me not being able to make a claim to recover the money – trust works both ways.
The following are the requirements for the Joomla site, all these features are on the existing PHPnuke web site and all the data MUST be imported from the existing database in to the new Joomla site.
You are responsible for installing the latest Joomla package with all security mods etc, the site must include the following
The new site must keep the same colour scheme as the existing site and you will be responsible for incorporating the existing logo.
1. A main banner at the top of the site that is controlled from within Joomla, this must be clickable and link directly to the advertisers web site, banner uploads and setup etc must be controlled from within Joomla
2. Private messaging system for registered members only.
3. PHP121 Chat must be incorporated in to the site for use by registered members only and be able to re-use the exsiting templates used oin the current site.
4. A chat room must be integrated in to the site for registered members only
5. In a block that remains in place on the site, this must display latest members, number of members, people online visitors members etc, just as in phpnuke
6. A classified advertising section allowing members only to upload adverts including photos, just as on the site now
7. Quad clubs module as on site now along with data must be added.
8. Quad insurance module as on site exactly the same.
9. A links module as on site now along with data must be added
10. News to go on front page and archived news section re-using existing data.
11. Parts & Accessories module as on site exactly the same
12. Event calendar to be added where members can add events – as on site now.
13. Ride wid me module to be added exactly as shown or improved, all data to be retained.
14. Polls to be added to site
15. Quad Track module to be added with all data retained, this module to be enhanced with some sort of mapping system, showing the location on a uk map.
16. Service manuals download as on site now, all data to be retained.
17. Buyers Guide module added re-using existing data
18. Dealer guide module added re-using existing data
19. Owners guide module added re-using existing data
20. A contact us section added on the page via a form not via email
21. A competition section added where we can run competitions, open to members only.
22. A photo gallery where members can upload to their own photo gallery, these photos must be viewable by visitors and guests
23. A you tube video module where users can add you tube video links that are displayed on the site, all videos added must be authorised by administrators.
24. Areas on the site must be made available for placing advertisers logos etc, this is in addition to the banner and the forum images.
In addition to the above a membership package must be installed on the site, members should be able to purchase a 1 year membership to the site which gives them access to certain parts of the site which non membership members can not visit(to be confirmed) the payment for membership must be payable by paypal and should be automatically activated by the site, it must also offer a recurring subscription unless cancelled by them.
When they join, a vip membership image appears in their profile and in their forum posts, when their membership expires so does this image.
FORUM REQUIREMENTS – latest version of PHPBB
PHPBB m,ust be incorporated in to the Joomla site and not open fullk page or in a new window, it must incorporate itelf in to the joomla site thus making it look like part of the site and not just a seperate forums page.
ALL data from the forums must be imported, this includes approx 150,000 posts and attachments, also categories must be created exactly the same as they are now and forums must also remain the same. All the data need to be imported correctly so it appears to be a seamless transition.
A necessity for the forums is the following:
A link to:
View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts
Mark all forums read
In the left hand panel of each forum post must appear the following:
Joined date – this date is the date they originally joined the current web site not the joomla site
Helmet system as on current site, as their posts increase the images change.
VIP membership image If they are a vip member to the site.
How many posts they have made
Where they are from
Wht quad they own
The club they race with and their race number
View their profile
All this information is currently completed in their profile and must be pulled from the existing database.
Google ads must be incorporated in to the forums, these appear as the 2nd post on any thread.
Advertisers logos must be incorporated in to the forums just as they are now.
The facility to set unique user permissions for: techteam, moderators, etc.
A temporary ban control to ban members for a pre-set length of time, and a feature for members to ignore other members
Once the move has taken place, all old data no longer required in the database must be removed