I have a Joomla 1.5 site with Virtuemart 1.1 installed. I need help configuring the multi-vendor system so that:
1) Vendors can add themselves as vendors (from front end) and create their own catalog of products. I, as superadmin, want to be able to approve/dissaprove the additon of a certain vendor, as well as delete it later, if necessary. Each vendor store will have a link in a homepage menu. There will also be a login module for vendors on the homepage
2) When as shopper orders a product, the system just needs to send an email to me, the vendor, and the shopper with the order details. That's all - (no payment gateway and no shipping from my site - the sales will be finalized later between the vendor and buyer)
3) When a vendor is adding a product the parameters he needs to input for the product are product name (or SKU), price, and product description. Since it will be a site selling clothes, I would add 3 more mandatory fields when a product is added: sizes available and/or custom made sizes, colors available, and type/composition of material.
4) When a shopper orders a product, he should be able to select the color and size (or custom made size if available). When he clicks checkout, he will be redirected to a page saying something like "thank you for your order". That's it - (No payment info, no shipping info, etc.). Just an email with the order detail that goes to the shopper, the vendor, and me.
4)allow generation of sales report of each vendor.
5) When this is implemented, you will add one fictitious vendor with his shop, and one product - as an example for me.