I am looking for someone to help or configure my VPS. This is for a site going live 1st March (so a little while away yet but would like server to be ready as soon as possible). I am fine with navigating around and configuring a shared hosting account, using CPanel, Plesk etc and obviously PHPMyadmin but do not know how to configure a VPS itself.
My Client has already purchased a domain name registered with [url removed, login to view]
I will provide all the details as required, including obviously full access to the VPS.
Essentially I am looking for 5 things to be done please -
1) Configure VPS for my clients domain name, which has already been pointed to the VPS.
2) Setup root file structure so I can upload file via FTP as required (I will setup database and everything else beyond this)
3) Tell me where to access the [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] files so I can make any changes required (although that will probably be obvious)
4) setup VPS to show New Zealand time (although I normally do that via a .htaccess file, so no problem if that is what is required)
5) configure mail settings on the server so I can send mail using PHPMailer which is already part of my program, and works fine. I just need the server to be configured for SMTP so I can enter the username, password, host, port,SMTPAuth setting etc into the PHPMailer scripts etc.
Hope you can be of help.
Regards - Greg D :-)