Please do not worry about my first posting on this forum, as you can check my status on two other sites which do the same thing. Although I have posted on those sites for this job, I have noted that Getafreelancer seems to have more specifically qualified people.
Please also note in your bid that the value of the pound against the US dollar has dropped. Hence a dollar is now more expensive to us with the exchange rate of 1.53. This means that all your quotes may need to reflect that we cannot afford so much based on our accustomed dollar spend.
Developers have already done the following:
1/ Set up PHP list and loaded it onto my Linux dedicated server
2/ Made two templates including the unsubscribe links
3/ The odd small level of testing
Since the install I have now had the following issues but not all at once:
1. Php List begins the process and during the process queue the webpage seems to loose connection and I have to restart the application ( in some cases it appears that any email functions are still sent )
2. Recently the programme is showing an error which is
"Hmm, cannot find users to send to"
"initiation of message failed"
"took 899 hours to process "
3. Some of my customers are complaining that they are receiving up to 4 sets of previous emails all in one go. These customers will therefore get 4 previous newsletter emails and a multiple of each one. In some cases the customer gets 17 emails.
4. The developers explained to me that in the process of sending a template I must also add a small bit of text in the "content" field of the application so that the programme understands and overwrites this text and the template is shown. Yet the customer is seeing the random text in the case of some clients and not the template.
5. The templates in some online clients are missing some small design elements as if some of the outlines or boxes within the email are missing.
6. The software is not sending emails at all now.
What I need:
1/ A server admin who can make sure this does not affect the running of the site it is connected to on the same server.
2/ A writen short opinion (informal) to state if the application was installed correctly or not in the first place.
3/ The fixing of these problems and stablisation of the application, plus installing the latest version of PHP list.
4/ Up to 3 months quick job warranty on your work incase of further bugs.
As I recently changed my admin password incorrectly and had the system restored this may have had an effect on the working process of the programme. Hence this may be a five minute configuration job. I know enough about PHP list to note that most of the above are quick and easy jobs for those who know the software very very well.