We have to crop hundreds of pictures daily and are looking for a way to do this in batches and we see good opportunities to do this with ImageMagick.
We are therefore looking someone that can do the programming for this. This involves the following principles and features:
- JPEG photo files are uploaded during the day in a folder on the server.
- The script will run on a Linux server.
- The pictures of all different products that can be bought in a hardware store or supermarket you can buy.
- The pictures have an (almost) perfectly white background (RGB 255,255,255).
If the script of the previous job is completed, every x minutes check if new files are present. If new files are present in the folder, the following must be performed:
- Select the file from the folder on server on location X.
- Select white background, 0 tolerance, smooth selection to include noise ('magic wand' in Photoshop).
- Invert Selection ('invert selection' in Photoshop).
- Extend the selection Y pixels to add padding around the product.
- Cropping the photo.
- Save the file into a folder on server on location Z with the same filename as the original file.
Script must be deliverd before the 14th of April.