A very small and simple project.
Your script will check to see if a web site server is available.
A user will define their domain and your script will check it.
1. Script will operate on 3 servers. (USA, UK and NL)
2. The script will only detect an error if none of the servers (USA, UK and NL) can reach the site.
3. Super admin can set the monitoring time intervals to 5, 10, 15 mins
If a server goes down then the monitoring increases to every 5 mins
4. Users can sign up via pay pal subscriptions – if the subscription is cancelled the account is suspended pending deletion.
5. Once signed up the service just runs
6. Users can monitor more than one domain - they just pay more – this will be done by adding a further subscription payment – extra subscriptions MAY be cheaper super admin decides.
7. The system also needs to provide a user with a rss feed of ALL the sites they are monitoring
User can specify:
Email (account name)
Mobile for SMS
Name of monitor
SMS and Email or Email Only notification
8. It only check for http or https the user decides if they want both they buy a new domain.
9. Each user gets 4 sms credits per month per domain - one is used when server is down - one is used when server is up.
10. Users can buy extra packs of 10, 20, 50 sms credits
11. Users get free emails when the server is up or down
12. Super admin can set up free accounts - that then get charged after 1 month - again using pay pal subscriptions.
13. Super admin can see a list of all servers - with UP in GREEN down in RED
14. This feed will also be displayed on the site when we get to enough users - BUT the client name will be replaced with the CITY where the server is located - lookup of domain name > IP > server location
15. The main issue is SIMPLICITY this is to look simple - be simple and work without lots of admin. Really web 2.0
16. A more detailed brief will be supplied before the project commences - allow for up to 10% more work than stated here.